1. The land that was given to the two tribes in the family line of Joseph began at the Jordan River near Jericho. Their border started east of the springs of Jericho. It went up from there through the desert into the hill country of Bethel.
2. Bethel is also called Luz. From Bethel it crossed over to Ataroth. That's where the Arkites live.
3. Then it went west down to the territory of the Japhletites. It went all the way to the area of Lower Beth Horon. It went on to Gezer. It came to an end at the Mediterranean Sea.
4. The tribes of Manasseh and Ephraim were from the family line of Joseph. So they received that land as their share.
5. Here is the territory that was given to the tribe of Ephraim, family group by family group. The border of their share of land started at Ataroth Addar in the east. It went to Upper Beth Horon.
6. It continued toward the Mediterranean Sea. From Micmethath on the north, it curved toward the east. It went to Taanath Shiloh. It passed by Taanath Shiloh to Janoah on the east.
7. Then it went down from Janoah to Ataroth and Naarah. It touched Jericho and came to an end at the Jordan River.
8. From Tappuah the border went west to the Kanah Valley. It came to an end at the Mediterranean Sea. That was the land that was given to the tribe of Ephraim. Each family group received its share.
9. The tribe of Ephraim was also given other towns and villages that were set apart for them. Those towns and villages were in the share of land that was given to the tribe of Manasseh.