1. The people of Israel took over the territory east of the Jordan River. The land they took reached from the Arnon River valley to Mount Hermon. It included the whole east side of the Arabah Valley. Israel won the battle over the kings of that whole territory. Here are the lands Israel took from the kings they won the battle over.
2. They took the land of Sihon. He was the king of the Amorites. He ruled in Heshbon. The land he ruled over begins at Aroer. Aroer is on the rim of the Arnon River valley. He ruled from the middle of the valley to the Jabbok River. The Jabbok is the border of Ammon. Sihon's territory included half of Gilead.
3. He also ruled over the east side of the Arabah Valley. That land begins at the Sea of Galilee. It goes to the Dead Sea and over to Beth Jeshimoth. Then it goes south, below the slopes of Pisgah.
4. Israel also took the territory of Og. He was the king of Bashan. He was one of the last of the Rephaites. He ruled in Ashtaroth and Edrei.
5. He ruled over Mount Hermon, Salecah and the whole land of Bashan. He ruled all the way to the border of Geshur and Maacah. He ruled over half of Gilead. His land reached the border of Sihon. Sihon was the king of Heshbon.
6. Moses was the servant of the Lord. Moses and the people of Israel won the battle over those two kings. He gave their land to the tribes of Reuben and Gad and half of the tribe of Manasseh. He gave it to them as their share.
7. Joshua and the people of Israel won the battle over the kings who ruled west of the Jordan River. The lands of the kings reached from Baal Gad in the Valley of Lebanon to Mount Halak, which rises toward Seir. Joshua gave their lands to the tribes of Israel as their very own. He divided them up and gave each tribe its share.
8. Those lands included the central hill country, the western hills and the Arabah Valley. They also included the mountain slopes, the Desert of Judah and the Negev Desert. Those lands belonged to the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. Here are the kings Israel won the battle over.
9. the king of Jericho one the king of Ai, which is near Bethel one
10. the king of Jerusalem one the king of Hebron one
11. the king of Jarmuth one the king of Lachish one
12. the king of Eglon one the king of Gezer one
13. the king of Debir one the king of Geder one
14. the king of Hormah one the king of Arad one
15. the king of Libnah one the king of Adullam one
16. the king of Makkedah one the king of Bethel one
17. the king of Tappuah one the king of Hepher one
18. the king of Aphek one the king of Lasharon one
19. the king of Madon one the king of Hazor one
20. the king of Shimron Meron one the king of Acshaph one
21. the king of Taanach one the king of Megiddo one
22. the king of Kedesh one the king of Jokneam in Carmel one
23. the king of Dor in Naphoth Dor one the king of Goyim in Gilgal one