1. Here is what I want you to know. There will be terrible times in the last days.
2. People will love themselves. They will love money. They will brag and be proud. They will tear others down. They will not obey their parents. They won't be thankful or holy.
3. They won't love others. They won't forgive others. They will tell lies about people. They will be out of control. They will be wild. They will hate what is good.
4. They will turn against their friends. They will act without thinking. They will think they are better than others. They will love what pleases them instead of loving God.
5. They will act as if they were serving God. But what they do will show that they have turned their backs on God's power. Have nothing to do with those people.
6. They are the kind who worm their way into the homes of silly women. They get control over them. Women like that are loaded down with sins. They give in to all kinds of evil longings.
7. They are always learning. But they never come to know the truth.
8. Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses. In the same way, the teachers I'm talking about oppose the truth. Their minds are twisted. As far as the faith is concerned, God doesn't accept them.
9. They won't get very far. Just like Jannes and Jambres, their foolish ways will be clear to everyone.
10. But you know all about my teaching. You know how I live and what I live for. You know about my faith and love. You know how patient I am. You know I haven't given up.
11. You know that I was treated badly. You know that I suffered greatly. You know what kinds of things happened to me in Antioch, Iconium and Lystra. You know how badly I have been treated. But the Lord saved me from all of my troubles.
12. In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be treated badly.
13. Evil people and pretenders will go from bad to worse. They will fool others, and others will fool them.
14. But I want you to continue to follow what you have learned. Don't give up what you are sure of. You know the people you learned it from.
15. You have known the Holy Scriptures ever since you were a little child. They are able to teach you how to be saved by believing in Christ Jesus.
16. God has breathed life into all of Scripture. It is useful for teaching us what is true. It is useful for correcting our mistakes. It is useful for making our lives whole again. It is useful for training us to do what is right.