1. As a deer thirsts for streams of water,so I thirst for you, God.
2. I thirst for the living God.When can I go to meet with him?
3. Day and night, my tears have been my food.People are always saying,“Where is your God?”
4. When I remember these things,I speak with a broken heart.I used to walk with the crowdand lead them to God’s Templewith songs of praise.
5. Why am I so sad?Why am I so upset?I should put my hope in Godand keep praising him,my Savior and
6. my God.I am very sad.So I remember you where the Jordan River begins,near the peaks of Hermon and Mount Mizar.
7. Troubles have come again and again, sounding like waterfalls.Your waves are crashing all around me.
8. The Lord shows his true love every day.At night I have a song,and I pray to my living God.
9. I say to God, my Rock,“Why have you forgotten me?Why am I sadand troubled by my enemies?”
10. My enemies’ insults make me feelas if my bones were broken.They are always saying,“Where is your God?”
11. Why am I so sad?Why am I so upset?I should put my hope in Godand keep praising him,my Savior and my God.