1. Lord, the king rejoices because of your strength;he is so happy when you save him!
2. You gave the king what he wantedand did not refuse what he asked for.Selah
3. You put good things before himand placed a gold crown on his head.
4. He asked you for life,and you gave it to him,so his years go on and on.
5. He has great glory because you gave him victories;you gave him honor and praise.
6. You always gave him blessings;you made him glad because you were with him.
7. The king truly trusts the Lord.Because God Most High always loves him,he will not be overwhelmed.
8. Your hand is against all your enemies;those who hate you will feel your power.
9. When you appear,you will burn them as in a furnace.In your anger you will swallow them up,and fire will burn them up.
10. You will destroy their families from the earth;their children will not live.
11. They made evil plans against you,but their traps won’t work.
12. You will make them turn their backswhen you aim your arrows at them.
13. Be supreme, Lord, in your power.We sing and praise your greatness.