16. Then Daniel went in and desired of the king that he would give him time in order that he could tell the king the interpretation.
17. Then Daniel went to his house and made the thing known to Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, his companions,
18. so that they might ask for compassion from the God of heaven concerning this secret, so that Daniel and his companions might not perish with the rest of the wise men of Babylon.
19. Then the secret was revealed to Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven.
20. Daniel answered and said: “Blessed be the name of God forever and ever,for wisdom and might are His.
21. It is He who changes the times and the seasons;He removes kings and sets up kings;He gives wisdom to the wiseand knowledge to those who know understanding.
22. He reveals the deep and secret things;He knows what is in the darkness,and the light dwells with Him.
23. I thank and praise You, O God of my fathers;for You have given me wisdom and might,and have made known to me now what we asked of You,for You have made known to us the king’s matter.”
24. Therefore Daniel went in to Arioch, whom the king had ordained to destroy the wise men of Babylon. He went and said to him: “Do not destroy the wise men of Babylon. Bring me in before the king, and I will tell the king the interpretation.”