14. I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment was as a robe and a diadem.
15. I was eyes to the blind, and feet was I to the lame.
16. I was a father to the poor: and the cause which I knew not I searched out.
17. And I brake the jaws of the wicked, and plucked the spoil out of his teeth.
18. Then I said, I shall die in my nest, and I shall multiply my days as the sand.
19. My root was spread out by the waters, and the dew lay all night upon my branch.
20. My glory was fresh in me, and my bow was renewed in my hand.
21. Unto me men gave ear, and waited, and kept silence at my counsel.
22. After my words they spake not again; and my speech dropped upon them.
23. And they waited for me as for the rain; and they opened their mouth wide as for the latter rain.
24. If I laughed on them, they believed it not; and the light of my countenance they cast not down.
25. I chose out their way, and sat chief, and dwelt as a king in the army, as one that comforteth the mourners.