13. Whom I would have retained with me, that in thy stead he might have ministered unto me in the bonds of the gospel:
14. But without thy mind would I do nothing; that thy benefit should not be as it were of necessity, but willingly.
15. For perhaps he therefore departed for a season, that thou shouldest receive him for ever;
16. Not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved, specially to me, but how much more unto thee, both in the flesh, and in the Lord?
17. If thou count me therefore a partner, receive him as myself.
18. If he hath wronged thee, or oweth thee ought, put that on mine account;
19. I Paul have written it with mine own hand, I will repay it: albeit I do not say to thee how thou owest unto me even thine own self besides.
20. Yea, brother, let me have joy of thee in the Lord: refresh my bowels in the Lord.
21. Having confidence in thy obedience I wrote unto thee, knowing that thou wilt also do more than I say.
22. But withal prepare me also a lodging: for I trust that through your prayers I shall be given unto you.
23. There salute thee Epaphras, my fellowprisoner in Christ Jesus;
24. Marcus, Aristarchus, Demas, Lucas, my fellowlabourers.
25. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.