11. Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
12. And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
13. Being defamed, we entreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
14. I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
15. For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
16. Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.
17. For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church.
18. Now some are puffed up, as though I would not come to you.
19. But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power.
20. For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.
21. What will ye? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?