1. I wish you were like my brotherwho was fed at my mother’s breasts!If I found you outside,I would kiss you.And no one would look down on me.
2. I would lead you and bring youto my mother’s house.She is the one who has taught me.I would give you a drink of spiced winefrom my pomegranates.
3. My lover’s left hand is under my head.And his right arm holds me tight!
4. Women of Jerusalem, promise me.Promise not to wake love.Don’t excite my feelings of loveuntil I’m ready.
5. Who is this coming out of the desert,leaning on her lover?I woke you under the apple tree.It was there that you were born.There your mother gave birth to you.
6. Put me like a seal on your heart,like a seal on your arm.Love is as strong as death.Desire is as strong as the grave.Love bursts into flames.It burns like a very hot fire.
7. Even much water cannot put out the flame of love.Floods cannot drown love.If a man offered everything in his house for love,people would totally reject it.
8. We have a little sister,and her breasts are not yet grown.What should we do for our sisteron the day she becomes engaged?
9. If she is a wall,we will put silver towers on her.If she is a door,we will protect her with cedar boards.
10. I am a wall,and my breasts are like towers.So I was to him,as one who brings happiness.
11. Solomon had a vineyard at Baal Hamon.He rented the vineyards for others to tend.Everyone who rented had to pay25 pounds of silver for the fruit.
12. But my own vineyard is mine to give.Solomon, the 25 pounds of silver are for you.And 5 pounds are for those who tend the fruit.
13. You who live in the gardens,my friends are listening for your voice.Let me hear it!