1. At night on my bed,I looked for the one I love.I looked for him, but I could not find him.
2. I will get up now. I will go around the city,in the streets and squares.I will look for the one I love.I looked for him, but I could not find him.
3. The watchmen found me as they patrolled the city.I asked, “Have you seen the one I love?”
4. As soon as I had left themI found the one I love.I held him. I would not let him gountil I had brought him to my mother’s house.I brought him into the room where I was born.
5. Women of Jerusalem, promise meby the gazelles and the deer.Promise not to wake love.Don’t excite my feelings of loveuntil I’m ready.
6. Who is this coming out of the desertlike a cloud of smoke?Who is this that smells like myrrh, incenseand other spices?
7. Look, it’s Solomon’s couchwith 60 soldiers around it.They are the finest soldiers of Israel.
8. These soldiers all carry swords.They have been trained in war.Every man wears his sword at his side.He is ready for the dangers of the night.
9. King Solomon had a couch made for himself.It is made of wood from Lebanon.
10. He made its posts of silverand its braces of gold.The seat was covered with purple cloth.The women of Jerusalem wove it with love.
11. Women of Jerusalem, go out and see King Solomon.He is wearing the crown his mother put on his head.It was his wedding day,when his heart was happy!