1. Now this is what the Lord says —the One who created you, Jacob,and the One who formed you, Israel —“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are Mine.
2. I will be with you when you pass through the waters, and when you pass through the rivers,they will not overwhelm you.You will not be scorchedwhen you walk through the fire, and the flame will not burn you.
3. For I Yahweh your God, the Holy One of Israel, and your Savior, give Egypt as a ransom for you,Cush and Seba in your place.
4. Because you are precious in My sight and honored, and I love you, I will give people in exchange for youand nations instead of your life.
5. Do not fear, for I am with you;I will bring your descendants from the east, and gather you from the west.
6. I will say to the north: Give them up!and to the south: Do not hold them back!Bring My sons from far away, and My daughters from the ends of the earth —
7. everyone called by My nameand created for My glory.I have formed him; indeed, I have made him.”
8. Bring out a people who are blind, yet have eyes, and are deaf, yet have ears.
9. All the nations are gathered together,and the peoples are assembled. Who among them can declare this, and tell us the former things?Let them present their witnessesto vindicate themselves,so that people may hear and say, “It is true.”
10. “You are My witnesses” —this is the Lord’s declaration —“and My servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe Meand understand that I am He. No god was formed before Me,and there will be none after Me.
11. I, I am Yahweh,and there is no other Savior but Me.
12. I alone declared, saved, and proclaimed —and not some foreign god among you.So you are My witnesses” —this is the Lord’s declaration —“and I am God.
13. Also, from today on I am He alone,and none can deliver from My hand. I act, and who can reverse it? ”
14. This is what the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel says:Because of you, I will send to Babylonand bring all of them as fugitives, even the Chaldeans in the ships in which they rejoice.
15. I am Yahweh, your Holy One,the Creator of Israel, your King.
16. This is what the Lord says —who makes a way in the sea,and a path through surging waters,
17. who brings out the chariot and horse, the army and the mighty one together(they lie down, they do not rise again;they are extinguished, quenched like a wick ) —
18. “Do not remember the past events,pay no attention to things of old.
19. Look, I am about to do something new; even now it is coming. Do you not see it?Indeed, I will make a way in the wilderness, rivers in the desert.
20. The animals of the field will honor Me,jackals and ostriches,because I provide water in the wilderness,and rivers in the desert, to give drink to My chosen people.
21. The people I formed for Myselfwill declare My praise.
22. “But Jacob, you have not called on Me,because, Israel, you have become weary of Me.
23. You have not brought Me your sheep for burnt offeringsor honored Me with your sacrifices. I have not burdened you with offeringsor wearied you with incense.
24. You have not bought Me aromatic cane with silver,or satisfied Me with the fat of your sacrifices.But you have burdened Me with your sins;you have wearied Me with your iniquities.
25. “It is I who sweep away your transgressions for My own sake and remember your sins no more.
26. Take Me to court; let us argue our case together. State your case, so that you may be vindicated.
27. Your first father sinned, and your mediators have rebelled against Me.
28. So I defiled the officers of the sanctuary,and set Jacob apart for destruction and Israel for abuse.