1. The vision that Isaiah son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem:
2. In the last days the mountain of the Lord’s house will be establishedat the top of the mountainsand will be raised above the hills.All nations will stream to it,
3. and many peoples will come and say,“Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us about His waysso that we may walk in His paths.”For instruction will go out of Zionand the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
4. He will settle disputes among the nationsand provide arbitration for many peoples.They will turn their swords into plowsand their spears into pruning knives. Nations will not take up the sword against other nations,and they will never again train for war.
5. House of Jacob,come and let us walk in the Lord’s light.
6. For You have abandoned Your people,the house of Jacob,because they are full of divination from the Eastand of fortune-tellers like the Philistines. They are in league with foreigners.
7. Their land is full of silver and gold,and there is no limit to their treasures;their land is full of horses,and there is no limit to their chariots.
8. Their land is full of idols; they bow down to the work of their hands,to what their fingers have made.
9. So humanity is brought low,and man is humbled.Do not forgive them!
10. Go into the rocks and hide in the dustfrom the terror of the Lord and from His majestic splendor.
11. Human pride will be humbled, and the loftiness of men will be brought low;the Lord alone will be exalted on that day.
12. For a day belonging to the Lord of Hosts is comingagainst all that is proud and lofty, against all that is lifted up — it will be humbled —
13. against all the cedars of Lebanon, lofty and lifted up,against all the oaks of Bashan,
14. against all the high mountains, against all the lofty hills,
15. against every high tower, against every fortified wall,
16. against every ship of Tarshish, and against every splendid sea vessel.
17. So human pride will be brought low,and the loftiness of men will be humbled;the Lord alone will be exalted on that day.
18. The idols will vanish completely.
19. People will go into caves in the rocks and holes in the ground,away from the terror of the Lordand from His majestic splendor,when He rises to terrify the earth.
20. On that day people will throwtheir silver and gold idols, which they made to worship,to the moles and the bats.
21. They will go into the caves of the rocksand the crevices in the cliffs,away from the terror of the Lordand from His majestic splendor, when He rises to terrify the earth.
22. Put no more trust in man,who has only the breath in his nostrils. What is he really worth?